You may register for the Pre-Contract Examination for Insurance Agents (PCEIA) by completing the registration form, submitting it with the examination fee and a copy of your academic certificate before the closing date.
The procedures are as follows:
- Must meet the minimum entry requirement issued by PIAM/LIAM respectively
- Successfully complete the Pre Contract Examination for Insurance Agent conducted by MII.
- Upon passing the examination, please refer to insurance companies for registration procedure.
The registration forms are available at the MII Customer Service Centre (Ground Floor of MII HQ, Damansara Heights and MII City Centre, 6th Floor, Wisma Sime Darby) or from the insurance companies.
The minimum requirement for those who want to register for the PCEIA examination would be “SPM/MCE with minimum 5 passes inclusive BM or its equivalent.
The examination is conducted twice a month on Saturday. Please refer to the PCEIA & CEILLI examination schedule for details.
Please refer to the PCEIA & CEILLI examinations schedule.
Please refer Exam Fee here
There are 21 centres for the PCEIA & CEILLI examinations.
Alor Setar, Batu Pahat, Bintulu, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Kuching, Labuan, Lahad Datu, Melaka, Miri, Penang, Taiping, Tawau, Sandakan Seremban and Sibu.
The exact venue for the examination will be printed on the examination entry permit. You may check out our centres here.
Yes. PCEIA Textbooks and CDs are available in 4 languages i.e. Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin and Tamil.
All the texts and CDs are available at our Customer Service Counter, Ground Floor or from the insurance company you are registering with.
The costs are as follows:
- PCEIA Textbook : RM30.00
- PCEIA CD : RM10.00
- CEILLI Textbook : RM30.00
We do not provide any past examination questions papers. Q & A is provided in the PCEIA text book or CD.
Examination structures are as follows:
- Part A + B & Part A + C = 100 questions
- Part B only or Part C only = 50 questions
- Ceilli = 60 questions
No, you may want to refer to your insurance company for training.
You may refer to PIAM or LIAM or do your own research, i.e. DGI Report from Bank Negara Malaysia which list out all the insurance companies in Malaysia.
The results will be released 14 working days after the examination.
- Individual candidate
- You may check your result through our website www.insurance.com.my
- Come personally or authorize another person in writing to check the result at MII.
- Candidate registered through company
- You may check your result thru our website www.insurance.com.my
- Check with your insurance company
- Come personally or authorize somebody in writing to check the result at MII.
Certificate collection can be done at the following:
- Insurance companies - for candidates registered through member companies of LIAM or PIAM
- MII Customer Service Counter – for candidates registered directly with MII.
You are allowed to collect the certificate on behalf of another person provided you bring a written authorization letter from him/her.
Your application will be processed within one month from the date we received your completed form.