Key Learning Outcome:
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Civil Procedure in relation to claims.
- Appreciate as to how courts assess Liability and Quantum bodily injury claims.
- Deal with lawyers and adjusters.
- Handle Bodily Injury Claims efficiently and effectively.
- Acquire practical approach in dealing with liability and quantum in motor insurance matters.
- Acquire the skills of negotiating ‘persuasive’ settlements with confidence.
- Manage time more effectively.
Insurance Act & Regulations 1996 (in relation to claims)
- Courts Jurisdiction and Procedure
- Road Transport Act 1987
- Part IV (Section 89 to 107)
- Road Traffic Rule
- Application of Civil Law (Amendment) Act 1984 Limitation Act 1950
- Assessment of Liability of insurers and recovery prospects
- Quantification of Claims
- Legal Costs and Interests
- Delay in settlement and its effect on Quantum
- Out of Courts settlement
- Advantages and Effectiveness or vice-versa
- Effective Discharge of Liability and Proper Documentation
- Setting aside JID (Judgement in Default)
- Verification of Draft Consent Orders for Courts approval
- Insurance industry personnel who has basic knowledge in insurance or basic knowledge in Motor Insurance.
- Non insurance personnel whose work require an understanding or practical knowledge of the subject.
- Anyone who require knowledge in insurance.
SIVAKUMAR A/L SATHIAMURTHY ,
Mr Sivakumar started his career with a legal firm handling insurance claims in 1992 and later joined two insurance companies holding the position of assistant manager and manager in claims before joining a leading local loss adjuster as General Manager (Motor Division).
He was acknowledged by Bank Negara for his assistance in the settlement of claims for Mercantile Insurance Sdn Bhd (under liquidation).
He holds a LL.B (Hons) qualification from the University of Wolverhampton, UK.
Date and Time
Date: 22 - 23 August 2022
Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Registration Closing Date: 21 August 2022
Early Bird (Register before 3 August 2022)
RM880 (Single), RM830 (Group)
RM1,050 (Single), RM1,000(Group)
USD250 (Single), USD230 (Group)
RM950 (Single), RM900 (Group)
RM1,100 (Single), RM1,050(Group)
USD280 (Single), USD260 (Group)