Key Learning Outcome:
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the different types of treaty contracts and it application.
- Explain the basic outline of the contract document and check the composition of a contract using information from the study material.
- Explain the risk details for a simple proportional treaty contract using information from the study material.
- Explain the risk details for a simple excess of loss treaty contract using information from the study material.
- Analyse the various clauses applicable to a proportional contract.
- Analyse the various clauses to an excess of loss contract.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of its use or application in the contract.
- Explain how contract certainty can be achieved.
- Explain the requirements/pitfalls to drafting or checking.
- Apply what they have gained from the course to discuss/negotiate on contract wording construction.
- Background information
- Structure of a Treaty Contract
- Risk details - Proportional Treaties
- Clauses - Proportional Treaties
- Clauses - Excess of Loss Programme
- Continuation of Clauses – Excess of Loss Programme
- Warranties, Conditions Precedent and Exclusions
- Contract Certainty
- The Process
- Case Study
- New entrants in the insurance companies / Takaful operators
- Newly recruited agents
YAP HONG PENG, CAROLINE
AMII & ACII
Caroline has over 25 years of experience in the reinsurance industry and her expertise involves reinsurance underwriting on motor and non-motor classes of insurance; claims management (motor and non-motor); client management (local and international insurers); reinsurance accounting;
credit control or debtor management; management of run-off reinsurance portfolios in Asia; commutation of reinsurance portfolios; and conducting in-house training.
Caroline is currently working as a claim analyst for one of the international reinsurance run-off company.
Date and Time
Date: 17 - 18 August 2022
Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Registration Closing Date: 16 August 2022
Early Bird (Register before 3 August 2022)
RM880 (Single), RM830 (Group)
RM1,050 (Single), RM1,000(Group)
USD250 (Single), USD230 (Group)
RM950 (Single), RM900 (Group)
RM1,100 (Single), RM1,050(Group)
USD280 (Single), USD260 (Group)