About The Courses
In this course, participants will have an overview of the engineering line of business in Malaysia and the impact of dependency on machinery and technological changes to business. Participants will also learn about the coverages available, future developments and reasons for insurance against failures and breakdown.
Key Learning Outcome:
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the important aspects and background of engineering insurance, and the relevant insurance principles.
Appreciate the evolution of machinery from mechanical, electrical to electromechanical machine, future developments and reasons for insurance against failures and breakdown.
- Understand the principal coverage of MB and MBLOP insurance.
- Understand the aspect of MB and MBLOP underwriting processes and risk assessment.
- Understand the aspect on basis of material damage claims settlement and loss of profits claims settlement.
- Understand the important aspects of survey for engineering insurance underwriting.
- Understand claims related to engineering insurance.
Overview of engineering line of business in Malaysia
- Principles of insurance related to Engineering Insurance
- The impact of dependency on machinery and technological changes to business
- Machinery breakdown insurance
- Underwriting aspect of machinery breakdown insurance
- Machinery breakdown loss of profit (MBLOP)
- Underwriting aspect of machinery breakdown loss of profit
- Engineering risk survey & loss prevention
- Claims handling
New entrants in the industry
- Insurance personnel working in insurance companies
- Insurance brokers and loss adjusters
- Agents and clients involved in construction works and erection works
- Any person such as auditor, administrator in insurance company, broker and loss adjuster
- Those who require knowledge in Engineering Insurance (MB/MBLOP)
- Other professionals with experience in handling Engineering Insurance (MB/MBLOP) and need a refresher course to keep abreast on latest developments
PETER YONG WENG SING
Chartered Insurer , ACII, AMII
Peter Yong has more than 30 years of working experience in the Insurance industry in all major aspects of underwriting, claims, reinsurance, risk surveys, technical audit and business development. He specializes in property and engineering insurance.
He also served in a professional reinsurance company as the Head of Facultative Reinsurance for 3 years.
Peter is an active working member under several Expert Committee Groups for Miscellaneous Accident, Engineering Task Force, Fire Sub-Committee and MNRB Special Ratings in PIAM (General Insurance Association of Malaysia). Currently, he is the Head of Technical Support in a leading foreign insurance company.
Date and Time
Date: 5 - 6 July 2022
Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Registration Closing Date: 4 July 2022
Early Bird (Register before 21 June 2022)
RM680 (Single), RM630 (Group)
RM850 (Single), RM800 (Group)
USD200 (Single), USD180 (Group)
RM750 (Single), RM700 (Group)
RM900 (Single), RM850 (Group)
USD230 (Single), USD200 (Group)