About The Course
In this course, participants will have an overview of the engineering line of business in Malaysia and the impact of dependency on machinery and technological changes to business. Participants will also learn about the coverages available, future developments and reasons for insurance against failures and breakdown.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- recognize the important aspects and background of engineering insurance, and the relevant insurance principles.
- appreciate the evolution of machinery from mechanical, electrical to electromechanical machine, future developments and reasons for insurance against failures and breakdown.
- understand the principal coverage of MB and MBLOP insurance.
- understand the aspect of MB and MBLOP underwriting processes and risk assessment.
- understand the aspect on basis of material damage claims settlement and loss of profits claims settlement.
- understand the important aspects of survey for engineering insurance underwriting.
- understand claims related to engineering insurance.
- Overview of engineering line of business in Malaysia
- Principles of insurance related to Engineering Insurance
- The impact of dependency on machinery and technological changes to business
- Machinery breakdown insurance
- Underwriting aspect of machinery breakdown insurance
- Machinery breakdown loss of profit (MBLOP)
- Underwriting aspect of machinery breakdown loss of profit
- Engineering risk survey & loss prevention
- Claims handling
- New entrant in the industry
- Insurance personnel working in insurance companies
- Insurance brokers and loss adjusters
- Agents and clients involved in construction works and erection works
- Any person such as auditor, administrator in insurance company, broker and loss adjuster
- Those who require knowledge in Engineering Insurance (MB/MBLOP)
- Other professionals with experience in handling Engineering Insurance (MB/MBLOP) and need a refresher course to keep abreast on latest developments
Ir Pooba Mahalingam
Director, Talent Asia Training and Consulting
Pooba Mahalingam is a regional risk consultant with over 30 years of experience in construction, engineering and insurance. He is specialized in construction, engineering, machinery and property insurance aspects. Pooba also handled risk management assignments for large and complex engineering risks in the region. He also spent time with a regional Insurer in Singapore where he led the risk portfolio before venturing into the consulting and training space in 2016.
He served as the President of the Insurance Law Association of Singapore (ILAS) for three terms and is an active facilitator with the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII), the Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjusters (AICLA), Singapore College of Insurance (SCI) and a few other regional organizations.
Pooba currently serves the region in training/ risk consulting space under Talent Asia Training & Consulting (TATC). He has conducted training sessions and surveys in the various ASEAN and African countries, Hong Kong, UAE, Mauritius, Maldives, Sri Lanka and China.
Date and Time
Date: 5-6 July 2021
Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Early Bird (register before 18 June 2021):
MII Member : RM 680 (Single), RM 630 (Group)
Non Member : RM 850 (Single), RM 800 (Group)
International: USD 200 (Single), USD 180 (Group)
MII Member : RM 750 (Single), RM 700 (Group)
Non Member : RM 900 (Single), RM 850 (Group)
International: USD 230 (Single), USD 200 (Group)